Monday, December 1, 2008

RIP Dakota and Benji 9/21/08 - 11/30/08

Well everyone Dakota and Benji have been sick for the last 4 weeks and yesterday their battle ended. Turns out that we believe that they too had a liver shunt and its so sad. They fought hard but now they can finally rest. Mom and dad were so strong and hoped so greatly but yesterday they knew that the little angels were just to tired. They did the right thing. In fact I admire them. I'm not sure that I could be that selfless to make the right decision. This is the part of raising puppies that is just so heart breaking. And these are the times that I wonder if I am really truly cut out for it. I try so hard not to get attached but I always do with EVERY puppy. I don't know how people can't. They are so sweet and so loving it just melts my heart and then there's no turning back. AAAHHHH I don't know.

No comments: